Friday, September 26, 2008

the interview

okey, so i guess i should write something about that interview yesterday..

what interview? you might say.. ehm, i dunno how to say it in english, but the interview was for a spot that opened up at work, as a deputy store manager..( i have NO IDEA if that's the word for it, but i hope you all know what i mean)

anyways, i'd told my boss that i'll be leaving by new years, and i felt good about that.
Then, a couple of days later, she all of a sudden tells me that this spot is opening up and that she want's me to apply for it (and this, i might add, was a BIG shock for me, since i didn't really think i'd go any further than i already had)...
so anyways, after a looong discussion with myself, my mom and basically everyone else close to me, i decided to apply for the job and just see what happens (still not decided if i really wanted it)
So yesterday i went to that job interview, set on being a 100% honest about not knowing if i wanted the job or not and about my plans on going travelling.. and it went really well, at least i think so,,
they basically finished the interview saying "you have to go home and decide what you want, you can't fo this for anyone but yourself, YOU have to want it. "
so yeah, i went home, and thought about it, and then i went downtown and looked up prizes for trips around south america. and i think i decided to go. to see the world.
not to stay here and get stuck at siba, even though it's an awesome opportunity and that it might (and probably will ) lead to a job as store manager within a year or two. not that i don't like siba, cuz i really do, but i'm not sure it's what i want to do for the rest of my life (or even only the closest one two or three years)
still haven't told my boss this, which might be a good idea, but then again, i actually don't know how the interview went, it might have gone completely the opposite way and they're not even considering me. you never know.. so i'm gonna wait, and not tell them until i have to..

south america - HERE I COME!
yey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man ska se världen elin!
det är så sjukt underbart att resa! det är värt alla pengar i världen. säger jag iaf! jobb... det kommer du få massa erbjudanden om genom livet! jag tror att du gör rätt! LOVE M

Tant Grön said...

helt rätt baby. gör vad du KÄNNER för. puss o kram